Arizona State Charitable Tax Credit Changes
Donate to ICS by April 15, 2018 and Take Advantage of the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit
If you donate to ICS by April 15, 2018, you can claim a tax credit that reduces dollar for dollar what you would pay in Arizona state income tax.
- Couples filing jointly can claim a tax credit of up to $800.
- Head of household/single can claim a tax credit up to $400.
- The Arizona Charitable Tax Credit is completely separate from and in addition to the Private School Tuition and Public School Activity Tax Credits – you may participate in any or all three if you choose.
- If you have no Arizona tax liability for the current year, you may carry the tax credit forward for up to five years.
- Your donation may also be claimed as a charitable deduction on your federal income tax.
How does it work? It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
Donate to ICS as an agency that serves the working poor by April 15, 2018.
Click here to donate online now. Note: If you are mailing in your donation, it must be postmarked no later than April 15, 2018.
- Prepare your state tax return.
- You or your accountant complete the simple Arizona Tax Form 321 and include it with your state tax return.
KEEP YOUR TAX DOLLARS IN TUCSON AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR THOSE LESS FORTUNATE IN OUR COMMUNITY BY SUPPORTING PROGRAMS AT ICS!
For more information call Deborah Carr, Philanthropy Director, at 520-297-6049. ext 4222 or visit the Arizona Tax Credit website.
Please note: Interfaith Community Services is not a tax adviser. As with any investment, please consult with your tax adviser for expert advice on your tax situation.