- This event has passed.
Train the Trainer: Advance Care Planning — September 23
September 23, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:15 am
Join us for a free six-hour training: Train the Trainer: Advance Care Planning Conversations
Learn how to help others with their advance care planning by facilitating two hour workshops in the community.
Advance care planning is a way to help ensure that your values in life and wishes for care will be honored all the way through your life, if you are ever unable to speak for yourself.
Interfaith Community Services (ICS) offers workshops to help people begin, continue or revise their advance care planning. Attend and learn:
- About discerning and sharing what you value in life;
- Why deciding what kind of healthcare you want late in life is so important;
- How to talk to loved ones and healthcare professionals about what you want;
- How to document your decisions so your wants will be made known;
- How to revise and update any advance care plans you might have already.
Help others enhance their present by planning their future, then carry on with living!