ICS Job Resource Centers
OFFERING EMPLOYMENT HELP…and MUCH MORE
Job-hunting can be frustrating and confusing – but it doesn’t have to be. At the ICS Resource Centers, clients learn the tools needed to break down employment barriers, helping them become more confident and competitive in securing work in today’s challenging job market.
|Services are offered:|
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Monday - Friday
ICS Main Office
2820 W. Ina Road
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Monday - Thursday
ICS Eastside office
8701 E. Old Spanish Trail
By Appointment Only
Marana Resource Center
13644 N. Sandario Road
520-297-6049 ext. 243
All services are FREE and no appointment is needed at our Northwest and Eastside Offices. Clients work at computer stations that are linked to https://www.azjobconnection.gov as well as other online job posting sites.
Retired professionals and volunteers with backgrounds in human resources, marketing, business and other fields provided friendly, personalized, one-on-one assistance in a relaxed, “go at your own pace” atmosphere.
- Skills identification
- Preparing a résumé and cover letter
- Online and in-person employment searches, including how to look for jobs, job fairs and training opportunities
- Interviewing tips and techniques
- How to conduct successful follow-up with potential employers
We also provide:
- Help with applying for the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, also known as food stamps)
- Help in registering for unemployment benefits
- Computer classes – from developing basic to intermediate skills
- Financial literacy and money management workshops on how to create and manage a household budget, how to build and repair credit, how to build savings, how to buy a home, and more.
Volunteer Opportunities for the ICS Resource Center
ICS is always looking for volunteers with backgrounds in business or social work to serve in the Resource Center. Hours vary. Duties include helping clients get set up on one of our computer stations, monitoring their progress, and being a source of encouragement along the way. Interested volunteers should contact Tori Carlson-Foscz at 297-6049 ext. 217.