ICS's free 90-minute Mental Health Safe Space trainings are a compassionate response to providing our community mental health education. These informative sessions reduce stigma and increase awareness associated with mental health issues.
The demands of daily life put us all at risk of stress and anxiety. There are simple steps you can take to improve your overall well-being:
- Eat the Rainbow - Enjoy fruits and veggies in a variety of colors such as green kale, red onions, blueberries, and yellow peppers. You are boosting your intake of nutrients.
- Move Your Body - Exercising in "spurts" may be just as effective as continuous exercise.
- Sleep - Sleep improves memory and lifespan, decreases inflammation and stress.
- Spending quality time with loved ones - Social ties help you live a longer, healthier, happier life.
- Faith - Provides you a sense of purpose and deeper meaning.
- Share Your Feelings - Journaling and writing down how you feel may improve your mood. Confide in loved ones and professionals. "Better out than in," as Shrek said.
To learn more and to schedule a Mental Health Safe Space training at your faith community or organization, please visit the Mental Health Safe Space website. Here's to your health!