ICS is excited to announce a new volunteer program! We are looking for volunteers aged 55 and older who serve in ICS Transportation or Care Partners programs to participate in the ICS Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP). This program will offer enhanced training opportunities, increased mileage reimbursement, and recognition from Senior Corps, one of the largest volunteer efforts in the nation for people 55 and over.
Established in 1971 and now one of the largest senior volunteer organizations in the nation, RSVP engages more than 296,000 people age 55 and older in a diverse range of volunteer activities. The ICS RSVP program focuses on serving people in need through our Transportation and Care Partners Programs. RSVP volunteer commitments range from a few hours to 40 hours per week.
RSVP is open to all people age 55 and over. Volunteers do not receive monetary incentives, but ICS will offer extra benefits to RSVP volunteers. These include:
• Extra training above and beyond the required volunteer training including enhanced technology and fostering appropriate relationships between volunteers and recipients
• Lead with experience, utilizing your skills and talents as a person over 55
• Recognition from Senior Corps, one of the largest volunteer efforts in the nation for people 55 and over
• Expansion of ICS’ services to underrepresented Tucson populations
• Extra mileage reimbursement for trips over 50 miles
• Community recognition at annual RSVP events as well as other special perks.
Annual National RSVP Statistical Highlights:
Hours served: 60 million
Number of projects: 685
Organizations supported: 65,000
Frail elderly served: 676,000
Annual Federal funding: $50.2 million
Non-Federal support: $42.9 million